WKEB Local News

Blizzard Hampers Medford Firefighters

Blizzard Hampers Medford Firefighters  2/25/19

 

  The blizzard force winds and waist high drifting snow may have contributed to a home burning down on Sunday.  The Medford fire department was called to the report of a chimney fire at 7:30 Sunday morning.  Firefighters responded to the Brian Dombrowski home at N5392 Norway Drive northwest of Medford in the town of Chelsea.  Due to the driveway being drifted in, the lead pumper truck was not able to get near to the home.  A large water hose was unrolled up the driveway and several attack hoses were split off of the larger hose.  The fire had started in a Class A chimney but the fierce force of the wind ignited other portions of the Brian Dombrowski home.  Focus was then shifted to saving nearby structures.  The home was a total loss.  Everyone was able to get out of the home.  In the deep snow and icy conditions, one firefighter reported a strained ankle.  The Stetsonville fire department provided mutual aid.  Medford firefighters left the scene at 1:30 Sunday afternoon.  About 4 ½ hours later the Medford fire department was called to a home on Richard Street to the report of a possible gas leak.  WE energies was called to the scene, no damage was reported.    

Weather

Medford Weather

Quick Pick

Facebook

CALENDAR

BIRTHDAYS

OBITUARIES

99.3 FM

NEWS

107.1 FM

CONTACT US